IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WARRANTY OF GRDIAN PRODUCTS
WHEN YOU AGREE TO BECOME A GRDIAN AUTHORIZED DEALER, YOU ARE BOUND TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF GRDIAN’S ONE (1) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (“WARRANTY”) AS SET OUT BELOW.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS
GRDIAN of 254 N. Lake Ave #162 Pasadena, California(“GRDIAN”) warrants all GRDIAN product(s) and accessories that comes with its original packaging. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with GRDIAN’S published guidelines for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase by the dealer (“Warranty Period”). GRDIAN’S guidelines include but not limited to information contained in its user manual, and technical specifications.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
Non-GRDIAN branded products or software, even if packaged or sold with GRDIAN hardware do not apply under this warranty. Distribution of software by GRDIAN are not covered under this warranty, irregardless of GRDIAN branding or not. GRDIAN does not warrant the operation of GRDIAN product to be error-free or uninterrupted. GRDIAN is not responsible for misuse of GRDIAN products and failure to follow provided instructions.
Limitations of Coverage - This Warranty does not apply to:
- Damages caused by another product.
- Damages to the product caused by misuse, accident, abuse, contact with liquid, or any other external causes.
- Freight damaged items. If your shipment arrives damaged, you must note the damage on the carrier's delivery record in accordance with the carrier's policy, save the merchandise in the original box and packing it arrived in, and arrange for a carrier inspection of damaged merchandise.
- Damages caused by operating outside GRDIAN’s published guidelines. Returned items that failed due to an accident, purchaser’s abuse, neglect or failure to operate in accordance with instructions provided in the owner’s manual(s) supplied.
- Aesthetic imperfections, including but not limited to scratches, dents, chips, and broken plastic on ports.
- Damages due to rain, excessive humidity, corrosive environments or other contaminants.
- Consumable parts, such as battery or coating, unless there is a defect in material or workmanship.
- Damages caused by outside service (upgrades, expansions, modifications) performed by non-representative GRDIAN and changes to functionality without written consent by GRDIAN.
- Damages due to incorrect voltage or improper wiring. Any product failure caused by installing or operating product under conditions not in accordance with installation and operation guidelines or damaged by contact with tools or surroundings.
- Items that are incomplete or defaced.
- Damages caused by normal wear and tear and normal aging of GRDIAN product.
- Loss of data and personal information and memory cards.
- Loss of user settings.
- Satisfaction guarantees, performance guarantees, risk free guarantees and error-free guarantees.
Consequential losses and/or damages as a result of malfunctioning of, damage to, failure of an operating part of the covered Product, or damages, fault or failure as a result of any repairs or replacements under this warranty. Damages, fault or failure caused by delays in rendering of Our services or loss of use during servicing or otherwise awaiting parts are not covered. You are responsible for creating backups of all Your data and software on a regular basis.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES BEFORE SUBMITTING FOR WARRANTY SERVICE
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REMOVING ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION, DATA, AND MEMORY CARD FROM YOUR GRDIAN DEVICE BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR DEVICE FOR WARRANTY SERVICE. GRDIAN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS AND DAMAGE TO PERSONAL INFORMATION, DATA, AND YOUR MEMORY CARD.
BACKUP COPIES OF YOUR DATA CONTAINED IN YOUR DEFENDR DEVICE TO PROTECT ANY CONTENT FROM BEING ERASED BY POSSIBLE OPERATIONAL FAILURES.
To receive warranty service from GRDIAN, dealers must submit and complete the RMA Request Form.
DURING WARRANTY SERVICE, CONTENTS OF YOUR DEVICE WILL BE ERASED AND FORMATTED. GRDIAN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR ANY OTHER PART OF THE GRDIAN PRODUCT SERVICED.
Following your warranty service, your GRDIAN device will be returned to you with its original configuration with possible applicable updates. You may receive either your fixed original device or a new replacement device. GRDIAN may update the firmware on your device if necessary. GRDIAN is cannot be held liable for the removal of previous firmware.
Important: Do not open GRDIAN products. Opening GRDIAN products may cause damage and will void this Warranty. Only GRDIAN should perform service on your GRDIAN Product.
BREACHING THE WARRANTY
When submitting a valid claim to GRDIAN during the Warranty Period, GRDIAN will at its choice (i) repair the GRDIAN Product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, (ii) replace the GRDIAN Product in its entirety with a functional equivalent to the GRDIAN Product formed with new and/or previously used parts equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or (iii) exchange the GRDIAN product for a credit for its original purchase price minus shipping and handling costs.
OBTAINING GRDIAN’S WARRANTY SERVICE
Before contacting us for warranty services, please contact your sales representative to troubleshoot your issues. If the GRDIAN product is determined to require service, please fill out the RMA Request Form.
WARRANTY SERVICE OPTIONS
(i) Mail-in service. GRDIAN will determine if your GRDIAN product is eligible for mail-in service. If your GRDIAN device is eligible, you will be provided a RMA Number. After receiving your RMA number, you will ship your GRDIAN product with the proper packaging material and attach the RMA Request Form inside your shipment. Shipments to GRDIAN need to be insured, properly packaged and payed for by you. GRDIAN will pay for shipping back to your location. GRDIAN is not responsible for damages en-route to GRDIAN. Please provide proper packaging before shipping.
Upon inspection of your GRDIAN device, if the product is deemed to be fraud, counterfeit, or not of GRDIAN brand, GRDIAN will at its sole discretion confiscate such product or take such other actions as it deems necessary.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THIS WARRANTY AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GRDIAN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, COMPROMISE OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED IN OR USED WITH THE GRDIAN PRODUCT OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION STORED ON THE GRDIAN PRODUCT.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS, OR ANY STATUTORY LIABILITY FOR INTENTIONAL AND GROSS NEGLIGENT ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS. GRDIAN DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR ANY GRDIAN DEVICE UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR REPLACE THE GRDIAN PRODUCT WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF INFORMATION STORED IN THE GRDIAN PRODUCT.
SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Only GRDIAN is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this Warranty. If the terms of this Warranty are found to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms of this Warranty shall not be affected or impaired. This Warranty is construed and governed under the laws of the country in which the GRDIAN product purchase took place. GRDIAN is the sole warrantor of this Warranty.